Cookie Policy

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Penyffordd Democracy ( lack of) continued

A commenter's point of view which is put far better than I ever could.
Penyffordd and I are in your debt for such errudition.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only 11 candidates for 10 seats speaks volumes. It smacks of a clique who have the Community Council well sewn up, thus no new faces would be welcome or tolerated. Character assassination it is not. We are all entitled to our opinions and these people have put themselves up for Public Office, they are in the public domain. If they cannot endure the criticism then they know what to do.
Basically, they are big men behind closed doors but they lack the moral fibre to come on here and have a frank discussion, they prefer to hide and let their cronies bleat for them. 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't more people stand?
Tom's sheet of (altered to 6) makes sure they don't.
There is not a level playing field, Tom has seen to that.

If Joe Bell who I consider not fit to stand for election had to arrange his own election literature,
Pay £150, then deliver it he would not be standing.

Would Colin Bithell do his own election work?

If Edwina and Stan Davies had to arrange there own election campaign would they stand, I think not.

Edited

Could Linda Vidamour who I have a high regard for find the time to do the above?

Only David Williams and Cindy Hinds will be doing lots of their own work.

The system stinks.

All those standing on Tom Jones' sheet should be known as Tom Jones Independents.

The Welsh Assembly Government should make it illegal for 8 ( six this year, 8 in 2008)  to stand on one sheet for 10 places.



Community Council Elections Tom Jones' Team

Tom Jones
Colin Bithell
Stan Davies
Edwina Davies
Joe Bell
Linda Vidamour



If any you above are arranging your own election campaign please let me know and I will edit.
I somehow think I will not be getting any complainants. (wrong) !
Thank you for the comment below.


4 comments:

  1. Having seen the 'sheet of eight', I feel the need to point out that it is only for six of them. Clive Weed and Helen Jones are not on it, and while I disagree with your sentiment that the Council is being controlled, I feel even more strongly that you shouldn't be mistakenly accusing these two candidates of being part of the supposed plot. Also, Colin Bithell is campaigning separately for the County Council, as proven by that leaflet arriving on a separate day to the Community Council one. I doubt pushing two sheets through the door rather than one would be beyond him and any helpers he may have.

    (Before you comment as to my location, this is my University accommodation. I was home last week, when all these leaflets arrived in time for my postal vote to be sent.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.
    It is refreshing to see Clive Weed and Helen Jones
    are not on Tom's sheet.

    It should be pointed out that Tom Jones is on the Institute Committee run by Clive Weed.......

    That's the committee that don't like the Wine Circle. If they did they would censor Colin Bithell and Tom Jones for their treatment of wine circle.

    You mention Colin Bithell. Does that mean he is not on Tom's sheet as a community councillor.

    I do not normally comment on commenter locations. The one I commented on is unusual. They look at me at least 6 times a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colin Bithell is on the combined Independent sheet.

      I only mentioned my location as I have been watching this blog with not a little amusement, mostly because everyone appears to have such set views - this blog is a little like marmite, if you'll pardon the comparison! So I have been checking it fairly often, and wanted to at least explain my interest in case it was noted.

      Glad to see the edit.

      Delete
  3. Yes our village people are well set in their views. It's Tom's Independent and David's Independents. They both hate the Labour tribe.

    I have brought it to the fore a I think it affects forward strategy for the village

    Down S Wales villagers are all Labour and they hate the Tories.

    My own axe to grind with all this started with a polite letter to community council pointing out we had rather a lot of speeding traffic through the village. Back came a phone call from Clerk Nigel saying that speeding traffic was nothing to do with the community council.

    There were in fact over 2000 vehicles a day breaking the speed limit. Most cllrs did not want to look at the FCC data or even acknowledge its existence. Colin Bithell was one.

    After that it descended into farce with the council arranging a secret meeting to see what could be done about me. Luckily I had Dennis Parry to thank for stopping the secret meeting going ahead.

    My crime was to continue to campaign for improved environment in Chester Rd.

    Higher Kinnerton are currently having traffic calming installed to slow down short cut traffic.

    Chester Rd Penyffordd is on the list. Our short cut traffic is many times worse than Higher Kinnerton. 20 cars a minute on the morning rat run.

    I expect certain cllrs, come the new term to try to block traffic calming for Chester Rd as revenge for my intransigence.

    Or perhaps they will all start off on a new leaf. All pulling in one direction for Penyffordd.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds