Cookie Policy

Monday, April 16, 2012

Flintshire Election Politics

A quick look through the nominee sheet reveals the following.

The previous incumbent at Higher Kinnerton is not standing.

Terry Renshaw is not standing for Oakenholt. He lost last time I think.

Gareth Williams who was Labour second in command before his 2008 election defeat is standing for one place amongst four in Mold as an Independent. Gareth has had quite a few letters printed in the Flintshire Chronicle. I thought they might be sponsoring him lol.

Carolyn Thomas of Treuddyn is unopposed. Not surprising with her procuring over £600K in grant money over the last few years.

Tim Newhouse of Hope the previous county councillor is up against it. He has six residents standing against him. Last election I think he upset the local establishment by getting in..
Looks like they're out for revenge.

Derek Butler who got kicked out last time is standing again in Broughton.

In general Flintshire has a healthy set of nominees with not too many walk ins.

postscript. Forgot to mention my favourite traffic rat run protester John Yorke of Flint who stood in the way of the 800 house development at Croes Atti. John and his wife are standing.
The results may prove interesting.

Link http://www.flintshire.gov.uk/wps/wcm/connect/f4fffc004ac2ea568dffaf2e70f399dd/list+of+candiidates+as+at+noon+4+april+2012+(County).pdf?MOD=AJPERES

9 comments:

  1. Hope this piece gets the thumbs up from Colin Everett !

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Penyffordd I see it as previously stated DW, CH, CB. In that order. This is not a wish list but a pragmatic view of national politics, local tribes, pervious county cllr performance and voter apathy.

    I do of course have a personal opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is an honest overview I would agree with those choices. One would have thought that the CEO of our Council, would have had more important things to do on our behalf-you know, us the taxpayers-than to go through your blog with a fine tooth comb. Seems puerile to me. I am nothing to do with FCC and I am not standing as a Councillor. The above is my personal opinion and when I last checked, it was a democratic country. If Mr Everett is unhappy with my comment, I will happily furnish him with my e-mail address and he can come and speak to me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last time Colin E sent the CPS around to see me because I forgot to put my printer on my literature.

    Such is the way of the Flintshire Establishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's Crime Prosecution Service not Crime Prevention Services.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Colin E as Returns Officer is duty bound to investigate any complaints. That's three against me in two elections so far. Is that a record?

    It would be fair to say he's been lenient so far. He just gets the office girl to ring me up.

    It ends up serious if you call someone a wild bison like Klaus did to a Saltney councillor. He ended up blubbering before the Big O.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "It ends up serious if you call someone a wild bison like Klaus did to a Saltney councillor. He ended up blubbering before the Big O."

      Repeatedly Calling someone a "mafia boss" is ok though Colin?

      Delete
  7. I am an occasional visitor to this blog but would just like to clarify one of Colin's comments above. Whilst Carolyn Thomas is a fantastic FCC Cllr for Treuddyn, she did not get the 600K funding for the village. There was a team of people who spent months working on the various applications - Carolyn's role has been largely identifying possible funding bodies to approach. She has also had success for Pontybodkin getting almost £100k for their play area.
    As for Tim Newhouse in Hope, I'm not surprised he is facing opposition as he seems to offend people in whichever forum he choses to involve himself - speaking from personal impact here.

    Armstrong-Braun - just read the minutes on Saltney Town Council website - obstructive and destructive just don't even touch it! Please god don't let the people of Saltney get a split vote again, he only got in last time by a whisker as there were 2 labour candidates.

    Keep up the blog - although it sometimes gets a bit repetitive with your issues, I guess if they were sorted you would get a new campaign to focus on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for puttimg me right over funding. You are an example for Penyffordd cllrs to work towards. I was lazy with the information. Didn't do research. I could of course have asked Carolyn.

    KAB. One hopes Labour have organised themselves better.

    Re repetitive: You are very correct. Chester Rd is on the list for traffic calming. There should be an end to repetition.

    I see you have proper communications on a community website that is an example to others.

    http://treuddyn.org.uk/contact-us/

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds