I remember when I was about 8, the village bobby was boss. To be put in his black book was a grave offence indeed. In fact my wife Lisa is very uneasy about talking to the Police even though she is not wanted for anything that I know of.
Here I am 45 years later about to take Richard Brunstrom to task.
Operation Debar 2 is under way. There are the Police say atleast 8,000 vehicles driving around North Wales at the moment without a license, insurance or tax. Not sure how they work that one out. Statistics, probability, bell curves?
Your chance to sort out that son of a bitch you dont like. The number 0845 607 1002.
Richard, we have 2000 speeding motorists through Chester Rd, Penyffordd each day. I hate the noise.
So here's how we do Operation ChesterRoadSpeeders.
Its an early start 5.30 am Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday when the kids are in school later on in the day. To make it an efficient operation incoming traffic to Chester Rd from the Broughton direction needs to be diverted to using the By-pass. Otherwise they warn all the speeding traffic that the Police or Arrive Alive are about as what happened last Arrive Alive visit.
Tripod with radar equipment set up on grass verge on Terrace Lane junction without fluourescents, the black SAS garb will be fine. This is where they will be reaching speeds of 40 - 60 mph whilst still in the 30 mph zone coming out of the village towards Broughton. The main team are just over the hill towards Broughton just like in The French Connection where the baddies with the money and cocaine come over the top of the bridge to meet the police road block with Popeye.
The team at the top of the hill are there to hand out the paperwork for speeding. They will of course be ok to wear fluorescents as in line with Police safety procedures. If you dont want the felons to be too late for for work we will need about 10 officers. I and my fragrant wife Lisa will avail the officers with tea ,coffee and biscuits. The busiest time will be between 7.15 to 9.15 am.
Not sure of the current rates but 400 speeders times £60 equals £24,000 for about 5 hours work and Penyffordd gets a reputation for not doing speed. Other busy times are 12.00 - 14.00 hrs which is shift change over then 16.00hrs - 18.30. There are however atleast one speeder nearly every minute of the day.
This operation will give you big headlines and perhaps start to stem the daily environmental insult to villages across North Wales and renew your title as The Traffic Taliban especially in Chester Road, Penyffordd where it is much deminished at the moment.
- ► 2019 (187)
- ► 2018 (106)
- ► 2017 (137)
- ► 2016 (229)
- ► 2015 (353)
- ► 2014 (250)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (467)
- ► 2011 (555)
- ► 2010 (763)
- ► 2009 (544)
- ► 2008 (534)
- What I expect from Gordon Brown
- Colin Bithell CC for Penyffordd in The Chronicle
- Mark Tami MP Protests at Huge Folly - The Jubilee...
- More Money poured into Flint
- Living in Wales our nearest Hospital in England
- I Have This Friend
- To The Penyffordd Wine Society
- The Sparrow Hawk
- Traffic Calming - Progress through our MP Mark Tam...
- Idiot Rat Runner puts Penyffordd Horse Woman in Mo...
- A Letter I should have sent to Tarmac
- Impatient with the Traffic Calming Plans for Chest...
- Big Als Limos
- ICWales Logo
- Penyffordd History
- Fuzzy Mutts of Penyffordd
- Bound for Penyffordd Post Office Noticeboard
- From Llangollen to the Back of Wrexham - The Short...
- Quote of the Day
- More Glasto Photos
- Our duck enjoying the wet weather yesterday
- Chester Rd Penyffordd Commercial Speeder Award Tod...
- Penyffordd Woman Drink Drive
- Our Blood Pressure Monitor bought on EBAY arrives
- A Listing in the North Wales Index
- Talking to Myself?
- A Mention in The Evening Leader
- Those Nice Blue Signs................................
- Driving Behaviour
- Arrive Alive's Policy of being Fair to the Driving...
- Arrive Alive's Criteria for Targeting Speeding Roa...
- Traffic Calming Methods for Chester Street, Penyff...
- peter black logo
- Will Chester Road Penyffordd be the casualty to u...
- The Chief Constable Richard Brunstrom and Flintshi...
- Bikers take out extra Insurance
- The Grand Canyon Arizona
- Penyffordd Rat Run. A letter from Charles Hughes H...
- Acting Chief whatever
- Calculate your Carbon Footprint
- welsh political news
- Penyffordd's Daily Traffic Assault in Full Flow 8....
- Welsh Assembly Plenary Proceedings
- To Rhos-on-Sea
- A Letter to Carl Sargeant with regards to Traffic ...
- Broadband Connection Blues
- Romania A Third World Country?
- Penyffordd or maybe Hope Guitar Man
- Flintshire Evening Leader for Local News
- Penyffordd Police Surgeries
- A warm welcome to our new Beat Manager PC Chris Pu...
- Traffic Calming a la Powys Highways Department
- Penyffordd Neighbourhood Forum
- Lawless Penyffordd
- Penyffordd Carnival 2007 Weather
- Springfield Timber & Building Supplies a friend of...
- Kinnerton Main Road 20 mph zone
- Llandullas Rumble Strips
- Arrive Alive do Public Relations
- The Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Cymru comes to Mold
- Plain Police Car in Chester Rd
- Our guests the travellers appear to be leaving
- Discarded Take Aways
- Also in the Headlines Penyffordd
- Penymynydd in the Headlines for the wrong reasons
- Airbus' speeding employees
- Chester Road Race Track (No! Not Chester Races)
- Prediction of Mobile Phone Usage
- Telling it as it is in Iraq
- A further letter to Charles Hughes (Head of Engine...
- Penyffordd Speeding Protest Sign
- Welcome Travellers to Dobshill
- Thought for the Day
- A site that discusses Road Safety
- Click here Someone once said most adults have...
- The Hullit
- Dry Bridge Mostyn
- Further on Hidden Speed Cameras
- Hidden Portable Speed Cameras for North Wales vill...
- A Website for Speeding Drivers?
- Tax cuts explained
- The Chief Constable's Operation ChesterRoadSpeeder...
- Mark Tami and Carl Sargeant Surgery Penyffordd
- To Stockton Heath, Warrington
- Getting recognised by Google
- Flintshire County Council plans traffic calming fo...
- Penyffordd Carnival 2007 Saturday 16th June
- The Government of Wales Act 2006
- Well done Alan's Skip Hire
- Congratulations to Jane Davidson AM
- New appointment for Carl Sargeant AM in Welsh Asse...
- Chester Road, Penyffordd props up Flintshire Count...
- Flintshire Unitary Development Plan
- Penyffordd Community Council Monthly Meeting June ...
- North Wales Police and Arrive Alive not working
- A communication from The Chief Constable's Office
- The reason for this blog
- Scottish Power a third world power company
- guido fawkes
- ▼ June (106)