Well done David on being co opted on to Penyffordd Community Council.
Many thanks for making a comment on the blog on political relationships within Penyffordd.
I admit I know nothing about you except from a comment made that your are a friend of County Cllr David Williams.
When 9 out of 10 cllrs have to to stand as Independent, due to Conservatism being out of fashion in Flintshire one has to make groupings.
I have made the mistake of grouping you with the Red Lion Independents.
I am sorry.
I have edited you to being just Independent.
I presume you will be standing next year 2016. I will also presume that you will publish and deliver all your own Penyffordd Cllr candidate literature and will not be on the same sheet as Cllr David Williams or any other . I stood in 2008 and 2012. My wife helped me deliver my leaflets.
At today's rates I think printing leaflets for our area in the region of £300.
Not too bad going and you get to be called councillor and get your ear bent down the pub for free.
Nothing like a few pints of Stella and discussing village issues.
You should also take a good look at electoral law. One of the times I stood I forgot to put on my leaflet that I had published the leaflet myself. A Penyffordd Councillor complained to Colin Everett who then sent North Wales CID ( yes the police ) to interview me under caution. You should be ok though being one of the Penyffordd Borg. Only Cindy has not been assimilated.
I will be able to check on your expenses to stand as councillor after the election with the Returning Officer Colin Everett, CEO of Flintshire County Council.
The £300 comes out of your own pocket, you should also know that being a community councillor costs you money and time. There is no salary and no expenses. No watching Liverpool on a Wednesday night. Such is the sacrifice necessary in the service of our fellow Penyfforddians.
I think it unfair to to ask you about LDP Pen041, you have been thrown in the very deep end.
I will say this to Penyffordd Community Council if you as a council think you passed LDP candidate suggestion Pen041 by mistake you are living in cloud cuckoo land. The village won't fall for that line.
We are not all sheep.
I will answer all your points shortly
This is a test to your Independency.
With regards LDP Pen035 which Penyffordd Community Council voted to bulldoze the The Spar and build houses on it.
Would you like to explain why you as a councillor voted to close one of Penyffordd's most valued assets?
I can't find any minutes discussing this major decision.
- ► 2017 (92)
- ► 2016 (229)
- Penyffordd District LDP Consultation did happen
- Councillors Communicating (or not)
- Coming shortly a Roman Fort near you
- A483 Posthouse
- The Village Rocking Today
- Arbitary Removal of Sunday Bus Service
- Penyffordd Scout Group Carwash This Saturday
- Penyffordd Health - Vaccines
- Cllr Linda Vidamour to stand down?
- Is it Friday yet?
- Congratulations to our new Penyffordd Community Co...
- FCC reply to my questions on LDP Candidate Represe...
- Recent Built Primary Schools in Flintshire
- Pen041 Councillor Vandalism - Further Detail in Co...
- Penyffordd Recycling Centre Closure Threat
- Political Make Up of Penyffordd District
- Animal, Mineral or Vegetable?
- More Local Development Plan News
- Penyffordd Carnival 2015 Weather Outlook
- Oh Dear! Penyffordd Bridge Sign Wrong
- Penyffordd LDP Candidate Pen041 Collateral Damage
- Friday Night Early
- Quote of the week
- The Spar - A Fishing Expedition
- Primary school plans comment floating to the top.....
- That will show him? £100 fine for much chaos cause...
- Penyffordd Traffic Rail Chaos
- New Penyffordd Primary School Plans
- Millstone Pub Clarification
- Penyffordd Carnival 2015 British Legion Refreshme...
- Penyffordd Community Council Minutes March 2015 Ex...
- If you Bank with Natwest or RBS there may be a pro...
- Missed Bin Recycling Collection
- More Proposed Vandalism to Report
- LDP Comment - Brought to the top
- Penyffordd Carnival 2015 on Saturday
- Colin Lollipop is on the Mend
- Further LDP Candidate Comment
- Water Pressure
- LDP Candidate Site Guidance Notes
- Penyffordd District LDP Candidate Sites
- Penyffordd Councillors agree to close the only sho...
- More LDP Planning Madness
- Something Different
- Comments with regards a New Primary School Site
- Penyffordd Community Planning Competition
- Friday Night with Taylor
- Penyffordd Councillors voted for ripping the heart...
- Millstone Pub Area Site - New Primary School
- Cloudy Water
- Penyffordd Development Plan - Ripping the Heart ou...
- Penyffordd Community Council meeting tonight
- Margaret Astbury - Funeral
- Recent House Sales
- Hope Medical Centre’s co-founder dies at the age o...
- Penyffordd Carnival 2015
- Penyffordd Scouts 50th
- Friday Night II
- Friday Night
- Penyffordd Vets up and running
- A55 / A483 Posthouse
- ▼ June (63)
- ► 2014 (250)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (467)
- ► 2011 (555)
- ► 2010 (763)
- ► 2009 (544)
- ► 2008 (534)