I see the above appeared on the Penyffordd Community Council July agenda. This is an area I try to steer well clear of at busy times such as first thing and tea time. The roundabout has two lanes entry at some junctions. The roundabout is not designed for two vehicles side by side even if some sillies try it.
Cllr David Williams wants the roundabout decorated with plants and trees. I think is should be shrunk to allow two cars to go around at the same time in safety.
The roundabout is a outdated, a bottleneck
A further option is to knock Tom's house ( Penyffordd Headquarters) down and make the roundabout bigger and make the section of road between Penymynydd and Dobshill a dual carriage way. ( I joke)
postscript: Also an issue is the Hope turning at Hope which should be made three lanes. This affects Penyffordd residents but is not in our parish
- ► 2017 (93)
- ► 2016 (229)
- ► 2015 (353)
- Spot the Penyfforddian
- Dove Cottage Gardens open to the public in aid of ...
- Hanson Cement plan expansion
- Bikers brought to book
- Robbing Banks
- Local Blues Festival 2014 - One week to go
- How well do you know Penyffordd?
- On Using No protection
- A sign of things to come? - Powercut
- Penyffordd Comment - Energy Security
- Penyffordd Carnival 2014 Thank You
- Mrs Mary Price - Funeral
- Penyffordd moves to a different beat
- Penyffordd Health - Saturday Special
- Water Works - Possible Lead Toxicity Issue?
- Speed Bump Dodgers on Chester Rd
- School child nearly killed on Chester Rd Penyfford...
- A Talk with Edwina
- Oh dear !
- Flintshire County Council Bin Services
- Chirk Car Boot - Catch of the Day
- Penyffordd Elections 2016
- Memo to Penyffordd Cllrs
- You just don't listen do you !
- Mark Isherwood AM
- Bin collections to be disrupted by strike
- Cllr Colin Bithell
- A days holiday today for Penyffordd school teacher...
- New supermarket for Penyffordd
- Don't set fire to your house on Thursday
- Quote of the day
- Will you know where your children are during the s...
- Penymynydd Roundabout Traffic
- A day at the sea side
- Road safety
- Houses Sold
- Something for free
- Close to Home
- Bathing in micro waves
- ▼ July (41)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (467)
- ► 2011 (555)
- ► 2010 (763)
- ► 2009 (544)
- ► 2008 (534)