So our very brave Prime Minister David Cameron is calling for very strong sanctions over the recent commercial plane that crashed in Ukraine against Russia.
Who controls natural gas that UK and Europe has to use.
If you rely totally on gas ( I don't, it was a concious decision ) you have a problem this coming winter if the above is not sorted out amicably with Russia
Increase energy prices will affect jobs, the economy, keeping your house warm in the winter.
And the markets won't use this as an excuse to put up gas prices will they !
Rosedale comment on the above link
"The central premise of this badly researched article that "the price of LNG in Asia has crashed from $20 to $11 per British thermal unit since February" is essentially false (apart from the obvious typo - per BTU should read per million BTUs).
Russia is a reliable and presently irreplaceable supplier of large quantities of relatively low-cost pipeline gas (and continued to be one even through the height of the cold war). A boycott would be pointless and futile anyway - Europe would be freezing and half its factories shut long before Russia ran out of money or anything else.
The Russian people, as history shows, have an immense capacity to suffer hardship and privation when their homeland is threatened, and I doubt that things have changed so much over the years or the centuries that the Russian government will alter its present policies under the threat of sanctions as long as it sees its vital national interests being at stake."
- ► 2017 (125)
- ► 2016 (229)
- ► 2015 (353)
- Spot the Penyfforddian
- Dove Cottage Gardens open to the public in aid of ...
- Hanson Cement plan expansion
- Bikers brought to book
- Robbing Banks
- Local Blues Festival 2014 - One week to go
- How well do you know Penyffordd?
- On Using No protection
- A sign of things to come? - Powercut
- Penyffordd Comment - Energy Security
- Penyffordd Carnival 2014 Thank You
- Mrs Mary Price - Funeral
- Penyffordd moves to a different beat
- Penyffordd Health - Saturday Special
- Water Works - Possible Lead Toxicity Issue?
- Speed Bump Dodgers on Chester Rd
- School child nearly killed on Chester Rd Penyfford...
- A Talk with Edwina
- Oh dear !
- Flintshire County Council Bin Services
- Chirk Car Boot - Catch of the Day
- Penyffordd Elections 2016
- Memo to Penyffordd Cllrs
- You just don't listen do you !
- Mark Isherwood AM
- Bin collections to be disrupted by strike
- Cllr Colin Bithell
- A days holiday today for Penyffordd school teacher...
- New supermarket for Penyffordd
- Don't set fire to your house on Thursday
- Quote of the day
- Will you know where your children are during the s...
- Penymynydd Roundabout Traffic
- A day at the sea side
- Road safety
- Houses Sold
- Something for free
- Close to Home
- Bathing in micro waves
- ▼ July (41)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (467)
- ► 2011 (555)
- ► 2010 (763)
- ► 2009 (544)
- ► 2008 (534)