Cookie Policy

Monday, October 01, 2007

Penyffordd Community Council Meeting October 2007

will be held at 6. 30pm on Wednesday 3rd October. Members of the public are welcome to attend but may not say anything. Although notes do occasionally get passed around. My wife Lisa will be there to report on the meeting as per usual, furiously writing away because her short hand is poor. It is tempting to attend but I would most probably have to be ejected by PC Chris Pullen for not staying silent when someone says something stupid. Chris can pick me up with one hand! Perhaps a news story for The Evening Leader!

But one hopes...............for some sanity by Penyffordd Community Council and Penyffordd County Councillors with regards Chester Road race track. It is after all the middle of our village. It will take quite some time to slow the traffic down as it has had it's own way for a long time. Flintshire Highways can of course make the traffic do 20 mph or 30 mph with the use of specific vertical platform specifications.
Will I have to resort to civil disobedience because Flintshire County Council, Arrive Alive and North Wales Police will not carry out their functions?

I feel like a kid stamping my feet because I cannot have my own way sometimes. I do however have the moral highground and it is right and proper that Penyffordd should remain a village and not a second main route to Mid Wales and a rat run for locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds