Cookie Policy

Monday, September 12, 2011

Would you like a Penyffordd Allotment?

growing strawberries vertically


David my favourite councillor * asks. Attempts are being made to form an allotment society. This is most commendable.

A large piece of land has been identified in the village for this purpose. Penyffordd Community Council are supporting the venture.

Perhaps one of our developers or Mr Hewitt who has recently sold land for 234 houses might wish to donate an allotment for the village ( plus a few football fields inc. all weather with lights?)

* actually he dislikes me

David's details at this time are 01978 762486 or dwillderw@yahoo.co.uk

Perhaps I could become a member without a plot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am fortunate to have a large allotment at the bottom of the garden along with a polytunnel and greenhouse. Have started to build an orchard in pots. I have over a 100 strawberry plants. I'm aiming to have everbearers which crop from June to September. I'm also looking to grow them vertically to keep the fruit off the floor. I'm looking for automatic watering for everything which currently takes about 30 mins to do. I've invested heavily in roof water collection. Current capacity is near 3000 litres. (that's no misprint) Currently I have over 70 different fruits in the garden, many started from small cuttings which have some way to go.

Security is pretty impressive with large teeth and a very fast 0 - 60 mph, very protective of the property, with free roaming after dark. It's said they don't let go but they do eventually, honest!

postscript: Why mention security and allotments? I have had two targeted vandalism attacks against my car. You may think I imagine the targeted bit. The car has been vandalised in two different locations. We have little people who live here. They like to hammer through the village each morning. They stand against civilised streets in Penyffordd. Some councillors stand with them by their constant non action, their sitting on hands. Time to go councillors, your ideals are bankrupt.
Wrexham and Chester have 100's of compulsory 20 mph zones. Flintshire has one.
A neanderthal county who backs the speeder unless you live in Northop Hall. 

keywords: Neal Cockerton, Cllr Tony Sharps, 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your cars Colin. That's the world we live in I'm afraid. Enjoyed the rest of the post though.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds