Cookie Policy

Friday, July 03, 2015

How do find your work, do you find it exciting?

I have a friend whose small company has recently been bought by a national company. He is currently being processed to work inside the Borg ( larger company). The larger company admire how the small company works how they deal with customers, their customer retention. The small company have in the past dealt with the larger company, the staff's attitude leads a lot to be desired.

One of the questions asked him was the subject title. Is this a trick question? How do you answer this question? I think if you have a family and mortgage you have to lie.

I have a friend who is an HR director of a big company I should ask him.

I once ( twice) worked for Airbus down the road. The job was in an engineering workshop that was noisy and smelly . I made high precision parts for commercial and military aircraft. I had volunteered to go back to the department I had served my apprenticeship in as work where I was had not yet turned main stream.

After 3 months I got a call for an interview with Gill*banks Jnr and my department manager. One of the questions was part of the title. How did I find my work?

I replied that my work was not similar to being an airline pilot, the job paid the bills, allowed me to go on foreign holidays. Cue office door with another 3 months probation....................

I've sacked about 12 companies over 45 years of work. Sailed close to the wind a few times with one or two.

Currently I work for 7 companies. One of them fires you by robot. Appeals against decision are read by robots.

Welcome to the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds