Penyffordd is lacking community spaces including a central full size football field in my opinion. There is a large field next to the old signal box that is central, a good size, it has a stream running through the middle and has had little use over the years. In fact it is used as an unofficial village common.
With the recent explosion in village housing perhaps a good time to try to purchase this field for the future community. Those who have benefited by being able to sell their grazing fields as accommodation land should perhaps leave a lasting legacy for the village. Without the village here they would not have been able to make large profits from their land......
I should point out to those that do not know that Penyffordd was supposed to benefit from 106 agreements with the housing developers. However Castell Alun school have pinched most of the money and are baulking at allowing all Penyffordd district children access to their school.
- ► 2017 (93)
- ► 2016 (229)
- ► 2015 (353)
- ► 2014 (250)
- A Village Common
- Allotment News Part 44
- The Energy Debate
- Penyffordd girl's leap of faith
- Complaining about Community Councils
- Did I say that !
- Quote of the Millenium
- Chester Rd Traffic Survey
- Windscreen News
- Energy to rise again - Time for Revolution
- Friday Night Part II
- Tis Friday Night Again
- Aliens 16 miles above Penyffordd
- Flintshire County Council - 20 mph Zones at School...
- Chaos on the A55 yesterday morning
- Peter Green continued...
- Friday Night Late
- Hazel Shakeshaft Funeral
- Penyffordd schoolboy speaks of relief after horrif...
- In the papers today
- Wrexham Council to broadcast meetings on the Inter...
- Penyffordd Walkers Beware
- Syria - Cameron and Hague's war plans ruined?
- Funeral Philip Johnson Today
- To Malpas to look at the big boy's toys
- Fancy That
- Penyffordd County Councillor Attendance Records ( ...
- Local Council Websites
- Syria Further
- Penyffordd & Penymynydd Parent & Toddler Group
- Cllr David Williams using Penyffordd Community Cou...
- Cheeky Sparrow Hawk
- Property Sales Penyffordd district
- Would like to live near a prison?
- Is village safety perception improving?
- Progress in a backward direction
- Cllr Cindy Hinds Summer Newsletter Page 4
- Cllr Cindy Hinds Summer Newsletter Page 3
- Cllr Cindy Hinds Summer Newsletter Page 2
- Cllr Cindy Hinds Summer Newsletter Page 1
- ▼ September (40)
- ► 2012 (467)
- ► 2011 (555)
- ► 2010 (763)
- ► 2009 (544)
- ► 2008 (534)