Cookie Policy

Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Chance Meeting with Cllr David Williams

I have just had a 10 minute meeting with Cllr David Williams on Wrexham Road. David is not happy with me. I have not been happy with 2000 cars that speed passed my house every day for the last 14 months and beyond.
David feels aggrieved and feels it is personal. It is not personal . If Colin Bithell and Tom Jones had volunteered email addresses they would have had exactly the same.
I have apologised to David if I have caused him and his family distress. Some of my blog is "tongue in cheek" and not to be taken seriously. This however does not come over on The Internet very well.

I stay committed to living on a road that has a 30 mph speed limit that most of you have in your roads. I should be living in the middle of a village with a bypass, not a road that is a rat run for 1000+ cars and lorries.

After my original push off by Nigel Jones, The Clerk to the Council who explained that speeding traffic was nothing to do with Penyffordd Council I sent an email possibly through Cllr Linda Vidamour or Cllr Cindy Hinds as Nigel will not have an email address saying I would do my best to have a regime change in the elections the following May.
They continue to try to ignore the speeding so it comes to this.

Cllr David Williams did not receive the email to the Penyffordd Community Council but has known of the speeding issue for over 12 months.

Cllrs Linda Vidamour, Cindy Hinds and Edwina Davies have helped and communicated through out the last year.
Cllr Colin Bithell and Tom Jones have tried their best to ignore me for the last 14 months.
Cllr Colin Bithell takes the applause for getting an extra 30 mph sign (doesn't work), half a rumble strip and a flashy sign whilst trying to ignore the dangerous conditions that are in place every school morning between 8.30 and 9.00 am in Chester Rd , a major route to school.

Postscript. David was telling me various projects he has helped with in the village.
He rightly says I have done nothing.
If I can bring about the traffic calming of our village centre by making our politicians sit up I will have achieved extra safety for our children, OAP's and horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds