Currently we have about 50 20 ton lorry trips a day through Chester Rd.
That's on top of normal lorry traffic. We are also a major training route for HGV Lorry Schools which are legion.
We have a bypass that has been especially constructed for heavy through traffic.
Why are through HGV traffic not banned from the village?
Well Tom, why do you think its ok?
Part of the general community council sclerosis?
Lorries are an anathema to village environment, unwanted noise and danger. They also bugger up the roads, grids and drains.
postscript: For those who dont know Cllr Tom Jones is political leader of the village. He must be 87 years old.
He shouldn't have been allowed to have carried on this long. He was paid off from being a county cllr a 100 years ago.
I also think Tom is an honorary member of the Traffic Haulage Association.
postscript: Just to clear up what is below in comments. Anon made a comment. I have deleted it and reintroduced it after an edit due to libel issues.
- ► 2017 (126)
- ► 2016 (229)
- ► 2015 (353)
- Penyffordd Carnival 2014 stalls available
- Democracy coming to a computer near you
- Friday Night Early
- Ysgol Penyffordd Governor Election Revisited
- Penyffordd Fast Wok Promotion
- Internet Fibre Rollout Update
- A chance to rid the village of lorries?
- Inconsiderate Drivers continued.......
- Driving Gotchas
- School Transportation Injustice
- St John School Pelican Crossing Penymynydd Danger
- Ysgol Penyffordd Elected Representatives
- The Millstone continued
- Chirk Carboot 2014
- Contract lorries taking short cuts through the vil...
- For Sale - The Millstone Pub
- Village Vacancy - Clerk to Penyffordd Council / Fi...
- Recent Property Sales
- Lorries taking short cuts through the village
- Fibre Optic Rollout - What's happened
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (467)
- ► 2011 (555)
- ► 2010 (763)
- ► 2009 (544)
- ► 2008 (534)