Looks a bit politically slanted but loads of county council stuff
Jonathan Sheppard's reply
Hi folks thanks for posting our link, much appreciated.
Interesting bit of feedback regarding politics.
The site Deeside.com aims to be as politically agnostic from a traditional perspective however, our politics is that of 'Digital' and how society now has a greater opportunity to open up democracy to citizens like never before.
The point of the platform is to give people of Deeside a platform to scrutinise local government, AM`s MP`s etc, but its not the sole focus
For reference Deeside.com is not a commercial platform and has zero funding from any party, council or commercial media organsation, our 'sister' site is Wrexham.com
The main aim is to grow a non commercial news platform relevant to Deeside, given that the media we have currently is beating a rather quick retreat,indeed Deeside and Flintshire may in the not to distant future be served by only one print title, the Daily Post.
The perception around 'political slant' is perhaps because Connah's Quay is a hub of Flintshire politics which in turn is dominated by
Labour, therefore it is relvenat to the people of that community, and whilst we have reached out to ALL parties, indeed even offered 'blogging' space on the site, to date only Mark Tami MP, Carl Sargaent AM and the council leadership have responded positively and we have developed a good relationship with them.
Anybody can contribute to the site, so feel free to get in touch, this months hot topics:
Investigation in pollution and pm2.5 levels, Deeside incinerator, Fracking, and Councillor attendance levels at meetings, freedom of information requests, and data analysis of local statistics, as well as the odd dog poo story
- ► 2017 (90)
- ► 2016 (229)
- ► 2015 (353)
- Penyffordd Carnival 2014 stalls available
- Democracy coming to a computer near you
- Friday Night Early
- Ysgol Penyffordd Governor Election Revisited
- Penyffordd Fast Wok Promotion
- Internet Fibre Rollout Update
- A chance to rid the village of lorries?
- Inconsiderate Drivers continued.......
- Driving Gotchas
- School Transportation Injustice
- St John School Pelican Crossing Penymynydd Danger
- Ysgol Penyffordd Elected Representatives
- The Millstone continued
- Chirk Carboot 2014
- Contract lorries taking short cuts through the vil...
- For Sale - The Millstone Pub
- Village Vacancy - Clerk to Penyffordd Council / Fi...
- Recent Property Sales
- Lorries taking short cuts through the village
- Fibre Optic Rollout - What's happened
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (467)
- ► 2011 (555)
- ► 2010 (763)
- ► 2009 (544)
- ► 2008 (534)