Cookie Policy

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Traffic Calming Progress Report

Work Carried so Far.

1. An extra pair of 30 mph signs.
2. Half a rumble strip with a good profile.

Agency Effectiveness

Flintshire Highways very poor.
They have designs for Chester Rd staying in their County Road Network
IMHO they will have to be forced by their political masters to properly traffic calm Chester Rd.
If I look at their traffic calming efforts as compared to the excellent Wrexham Council I can see its a large uphill climb. They are pathetic really, behaving to type.

North Wales Police poor.
On the plus side we have a new beat manager PC Chris Pullen who I think will be good for Penyffordd. NWP appear to move Beat Managers around on a weekly basis, I think this not very good.
Also on the plus side, he has his own speed radar gun and from October he will be qualified to use it when he is on his own.

On the minus side. Me criticizing the Police makes my friend Maureen go cold. I tell her we do not live in East Germany circa 1960. I have had over a 1000 cars speed passed my house today, Chris mentions he may be able to come out with his speed gun once a month. I won't say anything, I have said it before.

It's torture by a thousand cuts really.

The sound bouncing off all the buildings as they all roar passed at 50 mph in our 30 mph rural village. My cyber bullying can be countered with the argument that my Human Rights are being abused on a daily basis. Cars speed passed here almost one every minute, sometimes three or six a minute.

Arrive Alive. Ineffective so far. Attempts at educating the traffic is very limited due to the length of time speeders have been allowed to speed through the village.
They need to given more money to deal with small communities in a proper manner or privatised.

My Community Councillors
Linda Vidamour and Cindy Hinds recognise the issue and see that we should have a village environment.
There needs to be quite a few retirements at the next election. We need people of vision on the council. I will not attempt to stand as no one knows me in the village.

My County Councillors
Not impressed at the moment. I hope that Colin Bithell CC is working behind the scenes.
David Williams CC, I hope will realise it is an issue. I hope Colin and David will push for 20 mph limit outside the Post Office because it is a route to school, the centre of the village used by children, OAP's and horses.

Chester Road remains a race track.

Hopes
That Flintshire Highways are forced to adopt 20 mph route to school.
A comment made last week confirmed my feelings about Flintshire Highways. Someone who had been in Contact with Arrive Alive expressed a belief that the route to school would be limited to Penymynydd Rd.
A vindictive Flintshire Highways? We shall see.

That we get Councillors in 2008 who care for the village environment as Flintshire Highways couldn't give a toss.
Dave Faulkner Director of Regeneration and Environment needs to up his game or retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds