Cookie Policy

Friday, August 24, 2007

Speeding Points on Driving Licences

I currently have none. My last 3 were picked up on the Flint By Pass from Bagillt which had just been downgraded from 60 mph to 50 mph. Never saw the van just the letter in the post. I suspect the Arrive Alive van was situated on the old road.

At a social event recently a check around the social circle revealed quite a few 3 pointers, two 6 pointers and a 9 pointer. The current system is fair. You get 3 chances to alter your driving behaviour.

A friend's husband has just gone up to 6 points. He is a slow driver. The first 3 he took on the chin for his son who should have had the 3 points. Then the other week he was a bit slow in altering to a 30 mph and bobs your uncle he's up to 6 points. My friend refuses to take the points on the principle that the 1st set should have gone where they deserved.


The newspapers and television features that try to say that speed cameras do not work are talking twaddle. I have had to alter my driving as many other drivers have.

Its a pity the Police Authorities do not target the many stupid individuals that tail gait you at 2 car lengths from your back bumper. I won't put up with these idiots, I indicate and pull over where safe. I sometimes get people having to reverse because they have ended up so close to my car.

Everyone complains about cameras but the Authorities are just playing at the moment. Perhaps The Road Safety Partnerships such as Arrive Alive need to be privatised.
Then we would see drivers sticking to speed limits.

If I was trained to use a camera and I could hide it in my hedge. In two weeks there would be about about 2500 drivers with 12 points on their licences because they speed through here every day. Airbus and Raytheon would need to hire special buses to take their employees to and from work.
I of course would need protection from some of these these idiots.

Its time The Authorities got real. The Week End Race track which is North Wales could be similarly sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds