Cookie Policy

Monday, August 27, 2007

An Email to Dave Faulkner Acting Director of Regeneration and Environment

Dave Falkner
Acting Director for Regeneration and Environment
Flintshire County Council

cc. Chief Constable Richard Brunstrom and PC Chris Pullen


Dear Dave,

Hope you are well and have had a pleasant weekend.
I shouldn't really be taking up your time but there appears to be a "radio silence" over here in Chester Road, Penyffordd.
I've emailed my councilors asking about the current position of traffic calming measures for Chester Road but have had no replies, perhaps they are still away on holiday, or waiting Flintshire Highways reply.

I realise the "route to schools" element is most probably outside the Council's control but a little news keeps one informed.

Weekends here in Chester Road are for the noisy tourists flying through the village at 50 and 60 mph using Chester Road as a short cut, also the occasional loud, noisy 80 mph motorcycle. They treat our village like manure. They add nothing to our environment only negatives, they are dangerous , noisy and unwanted. They should be made to use the By - Pass as should the HGv's.

I see Drury, Buckley are fed up with lorries as well.

Being in charge of course you will be fully up to speed on The Manual for Streets that wonderful plan drawn up by our enlightened Welsh Assembly Government.

We went to Farndon yesterday to a car boot sale which means traveling through Rossett, Holt and Farndon village. Holt is similar to Rossett, the road traffic calmed with platforms, chicanes and humps but not the compulsory 20 mph speed limit of lucky Rossett.

I think it a little unfair that Flintshire County council are prepared to unload an extra 2 million cars with their attendant danger, noise and air pollution a year through Penyffordd with the Broughton Developments.

I consider this more an issue than the alleged pollution from Castle Cement. As you are well aware noise pollution causes stress and speed is dangerous in the wrong places such as a village with horses , OAP's and children.

I find the title and responsibilities that you have been given a little baffling. Regeneration and Environment seem to me to be in conflict with one another. On one side such as Broughton Developments you are looking at expansion, yet on the other side you are supposed to be protecting Penyffordd's environment.

We in Chester Road, Penyffordd look forward to Flintshire Highways forcing the traffic to behave whenever that may be. Perhaps my elected councilors will let me know later on. If I know what's happening I can't really say anything.....................

There are only 2 methods that work. The physical inability of a vehicle to break the speed limit with engineering solutions such as platforms or points on a licence.

I await such innovations as Spanish Traffic Lights and Bi Directional Cats Eye Speed Cameras as our idiot rat run do not understand such niceties as " Penyffordd welcomes careful drivers".



kindest regards Colin Hughes


ps. Nothing I have heard discussed yet deals with speeding traffic past my house at 50 and 60 mph out towards Broughton. I hope Flintshire Highways are going to surprise us!

pps I look forward to writing to your new boss Colin Everett when he starts in September, that is unless the traffic is all tied up, done and dusted, then I retire to my greenhouse and blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds