Cookie Policy

Monday, August 27, 2007

A Comment on my Campaign

V said... http://dontmoan.blogspot.com/

Having read through your blog, you are obviously a powerless authoritarian with too much time on your hands! :)

I have taken the necessary steps to make sure I have plenty of time. :)

I have to admit to being a part time dictator. I would banish through traffic through the village. Flint have managed to do this partially

I'm assuming no one has died in Penyffordd even though "everyone is travelling at 40-50mph". You know that a few deaths is the minimum needed before official types actually start to take notice of nutters with too much time on their hands? :)

Perhaps Corporate Responsibilty Laws have altered this position. :(

I'm also wondering if you would be happy to take responsibility for the deaths of people who's ambulances were being held up by your traffic calming measures?

There is an equal case for deaths caused by speeding vehicles in the middle of our rural village. We have a bypass for speedy journeys. Its the fault of speeders that bumps are needed, they are the ones responsible. I note that a road in Ellesmere Port has a sign saying 1.5 miles of humps.

Finally, is it sensible to have a 20 mph limit at 3am when there is no other traffic?

Yes we have a by-pass, I live in a rural village, I like the windows open in the summer.

Is it sensible to have the traffic management requirements of your county being dictated by a nutter with too much time on his hands rather than professionals who know the facts and are not taken in by emotional 'what ifs'?

I see Rossett have proper traffic calming, are they all nutters? You must also put in the category of nutters the Welsh Assembly Government who are backing The Manual for Streets. I think you yourself can be put in the nutter category.


Go on, delete this post - you know you want to - but if you do, it will get posted elsewhere on the internet.

No, its best left on. We have 2000 speeders a day who think similar to yourself in varying degrees. We are only a small Welsh village our elected representatives are on the case we hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds