Cookie Policy

Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Weekly Game is off


The white bit fell off!

A text at 6.15 am. He's not keen. The Northop Marshes have been filling up nicely. 12 inches yesterday and 6 inches over night. I think wimp and turn over (I'm the wimp really). When I finally arise I see his executive decision has been correct. Do I fix the dishwasher and the washing machine? Lisa has been having to do the washing the old fashioned way. Or do I start building my Ark?
Meanwhile the traffic flies through the village. I await Charles' traffic calming measures.................
How long a go was that meeting?
Council's live in a world of their own financed with our money. It's time for a revolution.

Postscript. On of my wood screws has jammed the water pump on the washing machine. I normally find washing machines a mystery but the Haynes Manual on washing machines gives you a sequence and method of tracking faults down.
The machine cycle would not go to spin, it took two hours to find. Good job we haven't got laminate flooring!
The impeller has sheared off. I've glued it back on with araldite, although araldite and plastic do not get on with one another. A new pump about £60 delivered. If I had got someone else to do it, it could have got to £150. You can buy a new machine for £200.
Dish Washer went bang with smoke. Someone has given us a newer one which I will plumb in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds