Cookie Policy

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

An Email from my County Councilor David Williams

I have taken the liberty of responding on the blog. Link emailed to David

Dear Colin,

Thank you for your latest E.mail, predictable as ever!

Sorry for not responding immediately which is my normal way of working,
unfortunately on this occasion I had to prioritize and felt a response to
such an unnecessary snide remark with your last comment was a little down my
order.
I feel the need to "digg" as the current noisy traffic speeding in Chester Rd is maddening to me. The noise levels outside my home are deafening
Perhaps if I invited Colin Bithell around for a cup of tea I would get more attention :)

As you know, I too share your concerns about the traffic problems in the
village and also have problems at my end of the village, and as you also
know I have attempted to do something about it.

Yes I thank you for your efforts so far and you arranging for a meeting with Flintshire Highways. It was good to have the top men there.

As soon as the matter was raised with me I arranged a meeting to discuss what could be done. As you also know, the response from the authority as ever was very slow, so I
followed it up with the E-mail for an update which I also sent you a copy
of. The authority are currently setting up the measures that were agreed at
the meeting to see what effect they will have, and although we may be of the
same opinion that they do not go far enough, I feel we are obliged to comply
with what was agreed. Again though, this is not happening as quickly as I
would like, and I have been onto the council again recently about it.

Yes I agree we have to wait and see what progress is made with their plans.

Your one man campaign is very noble and hopefully it will eventually reap
the rewards it deserves.
Thank you very much David. I speak for myself, for Mr Davies and George opposite me on Chester Rd, I speak for the young couple who get dark looks from speeding motorist when they try to drive their car into their drive and have the temerity to slow them down.
For Mr Davies who gets bullying motorists beeping him as he tries to get off the road. I speak for the women who ride their horses through the village. I speak for the children that have to cross a road without a lolly pop lady that has cars doing 60mph. I speak for the residents of Corwen Rd and Wrexham Rd who do not want to be part of a RAT RUN.

I speak for the child not yet run over, the horse on its side knocked down by a car.

However, to get things in perspective, your
priority is not necessarily the priority of the entire village.

It should be the second highest priority, with my degree in hind site I can say Councilors have been neglectful. What other village has the same high numbers of speeding?
Since I became a councillor last February, you are the only resident who has
complained to me about the problem.
That should not be the way you measure this dangerous issue.
From now on I intend to get you a few more complaints.

In fact, although I disagree with them,
I have had more complaints about the Arrive Alive van, were people have been
saying the police should have better things to do with their time!

So, speeding motorists in the middle of our rural village with school children, horses and OAP's is a waste of Police time. ..... Every village has its idiots.

I have though, dealt with a large number of other issues that have been
raised by other members of the community, the most frequent one being the
problems of Castle Cement. I am still learning about the finer issues of
this problem which is more complex than meets the eye, and fortunately Colin
Bithell, who seemed to be your main target, knows quite a bit more than me
and is dealing with the matter on almost a full time basis. Castle Cement
may not be your main concern, and to belittle Colin's efforts as you appear
to be doing shows a distinct lack of respect for the concerns of a very
large number of residents.

Colin Bithell is neglecting the residents of Chester Rd, Corwen and Wrexham Road.
Speeding traffic kills people faster than Castle Cement (If scientific proof is found that it does so)

If in five, ten or twenty years it is proven that
what is falling out of the factory is damaging the health of our community,
as many fear it is, will you still be as critical then?

Councilor Wooley is a very clever man, His route seems the way forward along with tighter management of emmissions

I fully respect and support your campaign and appreciate your frustration,
but to belittle the efforts of others because it is not something that is
high on your priority list is, in my opinion, totally out of order.

Not out of order at all, he is my elected County Councilor, I hold an opinion which I will keep repeating through these pages which will be read by more and more Penyffordd residents until the matter is dealt with properly.

I therefore trust that you will be more thoughtful in future, and if you do
have an issue with councilors or individuals, have the decency to go direct
to them first, and if they do not take action that is in the interests of
the majority, by all means, criticize.

You have a point, I am not very diplomatic.

Good luck with your future efforts and please contact me if I can help
further.
I hope this matter ends after Flintshire Highways do their thing. ..................They can stop the traffic speeding in a week with raised platforms. No more 90 mph motorcyclists.

Regards,

David Williams. CC

ps. Our Councilors should be pressing for an HGV ban, a compulsory 20mph speed limit outside the Post Office. Councilors do a very good job of running the village. This one blind spot spoils the village centre. We do after all have a bypass. I also hope that our councilors are also up to speed on what Warren Hall means for the village. The late Derek Darlington certainly was.

Chester Road should be a village centre not a rat run for 2000 speeding motorists a day.

kindest regards Colin

Post Script: I have exchanged further emails with David over the above and have urged him and I hope Colin Bithell and The Penyffordd Community Council to press Flintshire County Council and North Wales Police and Arrive Alive for a conclusion to this dangerous and noisy issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds