We have BT Infinity. The box is in my office. I don't like sitting in wifi all day because its bad for you.
So I turn it off.
Funny how even though I turn it off it still works on Lisa's ipad.
Been scratching my head about this for a while. Thought Lisa might have been using next door.
But she isn't, she's using ours even though it says its switched off.
There's a second wifi signal that gives everyone free wifi. So I'm still bathing in electromagnetic radiation.
I'm reading that below which I hope will show me how to switch off the second. I suppose I could always surround it with a Faraday cage otherwise known as tin foil...................
postscript. Getting BT to turn off your wifi may prevent you using your wifi devices elsewhere. ie your mobile phone.
postscript: BT Wifi / Internet box now in old shoe box lined with multiple layers of aluminium baking foil. Lid to be taken off when wifi is needed which is 5 minutes a day.
It works Lisa's portable devices can't get signal. We'll be staying with network cable.
- ► 2017 (108)
- A Big Smell coming to Penyffordd?
- Penyffordd Bonfire Night
- Gosafe want to know.
- OAP gets knocked down outside the Spar
- Great British Bake Off comes to Penyffordd.
- Penyffordd Pedestrian Safety
- Loyalty Scheme for Penyffordd district?
- BT Hub 5 Wifi EMF Microwave radiation alert.
- Local Communities are organising themselves
- A Welsh Assembly Government Act to help Penyffordd...
- Penyffordd Penyffordd Community Group meet Senior ...
- Road Safety Concerns
- Noise News
- Penyffordd Community Council Special Meeting with ...
- Ysgol Penyffordd News
- Recent House Sales
- Utility Water Pressure in Penyffordd district.
- Anti Social Behaviour in Penyffordd
- ▼ October (18)
- ► 2015 (353)
- ► 2014 (250)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (467)
- ► 2011 (555)
- ► 2010 (763)
- ► 2009 (544)
- ► 2008 (534)