Wednesday, May 22, 2013
The Penyffordd Trout Tickler
Amongst us we have a villager who is skilled in the art of trout tickling. In his early days he would wade into a tributary of the River Dee up to his armpits in icy cold water and wait for sea trout to swim by. In the right circumstances it is possible to tickle the underside of the trout which makes the trout go into a trance. It is then possible to sweep the fish out onto the river bank.
The links below describe the process better.
- ► 2017 (108)
- ► 2016 (229)
- ► 2015 (353)
- ► 2014 (250)
- Global Warming and The Met Office
- Amalgamation of Penyffordd Junior Schools
- Boundary Wall White Lion Development
- Penyffordd Community Website Costs
- Competition Probe into Hanson Cement
- The Penyffordd Trout Tickler
- Mynydd Isa Chicken Gang
- Hartsheath - History
- Scout Carwash Saturday
- Dog stealing
- Traffic calming modifications and Chester Rd drain...
- The Millstone has reopened
- All Day Breakfast raises £1300
- Flintshire County Council to consider use of Twitt...
- Welsh Energy
- Charity Car Wash This Saturday
- Saturday's Dobshill Accident Revisited
- Recent Penyffordd Property Sales
- Traffic Calming Comments
- Lisa's Kitchen
- Dobshill A55 Accident - A Regular Occurrence - 3pm...
- An email from Cllr David Williams
- Penyffordd All Day Breakfast Sunday 12th May 9am -...
- Chester Rd water problems continue
- ▼ May (24)
- ► 2012 (467)
- ► 2011 (555)
- ► 2010 (763)
- ► 2009 (544)
- ► 2008 (534)