Three councillors volunteer their email addresses, the other nine either hide theirs or do not have one. It would appear they that hide email addresses stand for council on their terms and not that of the community. This shows the underlying sickness in our local democracy distorted by the "sheet of ten". There are 12 places for community council. Last election 10 of them stood on one sheet. You have to be asked to get on the sheet. No need for traipsing the streets, spending £200 getting leaflets printed and published, talking to people just hand your photo and a few details over to Clr Tom Jones and Cllr Colin Bithell and the jobs done.
I wonder how many older residents are "helped" with their postal vote. The odds are stacked against a fresh face who is not part of the weary old pack.
The two current councillors who did not stand on the sheet of 10. Cllr Cindy Hinds quite obviously as she is Labour and the sheet of 10 are "Independent" ie do as Tom says. Also Cllr David Williams who is Independent had separate literature printed.
Three councillors who freely publish their email addresses
1. Ind Cllr Linda Vidamour
2. Lab Cllr Cindy Hinds ( County)
3. Ind Cllr David Williams (County)
- ► 2019 (187)
- ► 2018 (106)
- ► 2017 (137)
- ► 2016 (229)
- ► 2015 (353)
- ► 2014 (250)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (467)
- Barracks Lane field musket shot
- Little effect of strike action at Chester Rd
- Signs of the Times
- Penyffordd Junior School
- Penyffordd Politics
- A Summer's Evening Walk
- CBM Howie Williams
- Saturday morning - bustling Chester Rd
- Enthusiastic gardening in Broughton
- Wood Lane Farm 234 house development update
- Chester Rd Speed Rat Run
- Airbus flying high
- My blog makes more money than The Guardian
- Alison has a mixed bag
- Penyffordd Carnival weather update
- So it's the Penyffordd Carnival tomorrow
- Anti Social Behaviour
- Waste discharge on Blackbrook farm land further
- Penyffordd Clrs hide their email addresses
- Denbighshire roll out traffic calming measures
- and another with Eric
- Friday Night comes early
- An obnoxious smell coming shortly?
- To Chirk Carboot
- Just a Reminder
- The State of the Economy
- Baked Bean Crime
- Chester Rd rumble strip completion 4 years later
- 1984 continues to arrive
- Penyffordd & Penymynydd Carnival
- My flag has gone
- A walk in Nant y Ffrith
- More Action from Gosafe
- Cllr Linda Vidamour successes
- There's nothing on the telly
- Penyffordd Goal Keeper moving up
- A Memo to Inspector Iwan Jones Neighbourhood Polic...
- Lowering of crime - Council meeting further......
- North Wales Police need to do better
- Cllr Linda Vidamour Chair Penyffordd Community Cou...
- The Origins of PACA
- Internet Browsers do my head in
- Food Standards Agency gives ‘sub- standard’ hygien...
- Hottest night of the year
- Alison Halford - A Life so Far
- Rubber Fetish
- The mind boggles
- Penyffordd proposed housing development in The Lea...
- ▼ June (50)
- ► 2010 (763)
- ► 2009 (544)
- ► 2008 (534)