Cookie Policy

Saturday, June 25, 2011

CBM Howie Williams

This afternoon I have had a visit from Howie.The first part of our meeting was the discussion of an irate email I sent to a firm over my perception of their drivers behaviour in our village last week. I admitted to the wrongness of words.

I have apologised to the firm concerned with a copy to those on the original email list.

We also discussed June 2008 Chester Rd traffic speed data that Howie was given by another agency and which Howie used in his report to Penyffordd Community Council.

Since I was given after numerous requests (inc a meeting in Cllr Woolley's office) a crippled redacted copy of the data Howie was quoting from I knew what he was saying was wrong.
My blog will be edited to reflect this.

I have agreed that my actions are a negative and will not get any where.

My aim is a village centre where traffic cannot hammer through at any time of the day or night. An HGV free village except for access. Civilised streets, we have a bypass.

I have previously told Council Leader Arnold Woolley that I believe Flintshire County Council are being highly selfish by using Chester Rd to support the  Flintshire trunk road system.
The new A55 Warren Bank exits adding to the problem as thought.

I hope my elected representatives see my vision as worthwhile where OAP's can walk across the road and school children can bicycle to school through the middle of our village, a compulsory 20 mph.

What's good enough for Rossett is good enough for us.

Come the next local elections I will stand for county and community council if I see no improvement.
I have little confidence in Flintshire Highways as I see them as anti community, anti road calming and pro vehicle, we shall see.

Other discussions included Howie's new role in NWP. From now on he will cover an area from Saltney to Denbighshire I think its called Flintshire.

I couldn't understand why all the traffic was doing 30 mph whilst I talked to Howie. A quick look up the street saw the answer Howie's police car..............

I wish to thank Howie for the visit and talk.

Colin Hughes
Chester Rd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


keywords: Neal Cockerton,
Head of Highway Assets.

postscript: In a future blog I will discuss Doppler effect technology used by councils to measure traffic. Since discovering the device they use on a lamp post near my house I have seen such devices in Derbyshire on well known biker roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds