Tuesday, December 15, 2015
A Resident Writes...............
SIR – You report (December 11) that Barclays bank has avoided any reference to the word “Christmas” in its holiday opening hours.
I have worked in the Middle East for the last 13 years, mainly in Oman. I also have a rather obvious and large white beard. When I am there in December I am eternally asked by Muslims what I am going to bring them for Christmas. The stores all have Father Christmas figures and decorated Christmas trees.
Muslim children are looking forward to their presents. Jesus Christ is their second most respected prophet (after Mohammed) and Mary, along with Jesus, features in the Koran.
Given that the Muslims celebrate Christmas in the Middle East, what right has Barclays to deprive the Muslim population here?
Dr Brian Wareing
source: Daily Telegraph
- ► 2017 (108)
- ► 2016 (229)
- Parking in Mold
- Situation Opportunity - Community Youth Representa...
- Somewhere Near
- Something Different
- A Merry Christmas to All
- Car Crash
- Led Zeppelin - Like you've never heard them
- It's Hot out there !
- A Millstone Review by the Daily Post
- Penymynydd Girl Home For Xmas
- A Resident Writes...............
- Penyffordd Carol Service
- Ramble On
- Penyffordd Banking
- Let Google take you up Snowdon
- Mad Shopping News
- More Money for Welsh NHS
- Recent Penyffordd District House sales
- Here's what we're missing
- Lisa's Kitchen - What's for Tea?
- Penyffordd Winter Fair
- Fighting Talk From Behind The Sofa
- New Supermarkets for Penyffordd
- Energy Blues and a rant
- ▼ December (26)
- ► 2014 (250)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (467)
- ► 2011 (555)
- ► 2010 (763)
- ► 2009 (544)
- ► 2008 (534)