Cookie Policy

Friday, April 15, 2011

Penyffordd recycling


Plenty of gbh going on over the road. Angle grinding, banging, pneumatic drills, the skip full with bricks. Seems however he's had enough of the recycling crowd who scour our streets looking for scrap. I let the builder doing next door put his skip in my drive as the council charge £30 for putting it on the road. The idea being that if there was any space left in the skip I could get rid of some of mine as well as being neighbourly.

Whilst the skip was there for 2 days I had three lots of people asking if they could take a look in the skip. I recently had a dish washer to get rid of so I put it on the front path with a notice on top of it saying " please take". One of my neighbours having his kitchen done out said if someone picks mine up can they go around to his front garden, so the sign had to be amended. Both units were gone in three days, they were happy and so were we.

One of my informants tells me that when they had their new washing machine delivered they had two offers to take it away as scrap before they had chance to get it through the door.

Seems the scrap business is very keen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds