Cookie Policy

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

A new rubbish regime

Last night at teatime I could hear a megaphone outside. Was it World War 3 or a Welsh Assembly prospective candidate? No it's the state telling me to put my rubbish bin out at 7am next morning. Smacks a little of of Eastern Germany before the wall came down. There are various reasons why people do not want to get up before 7 in the morning. I can think of at least a 100 when its dark and raining.

This is all a dictat of the EU which is commendable in its outlook. All our vegetable rubbish now goes in a tall green dalek type structure I bought from the carboot sale. This will turn into compost for the garden. I have two other daleks some one gave me last week which will be filled full of sheep manure from Elwyn's farm where we walk the dogs.

How a family will manage with this new arrangement only God knows, the bins a tad small for 2 weeks. We have been looking at can and carton crushers on Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds