Cookie Policy

Saturday, February 16, 2008

To New Brighton, The Beaufort Park Hotel - An Evening with Alistair Campbell



Sharing a Joke



Scanning the Room


The Rt Hon David Hanson MP introduces Alistair Campbell who was Tony Blair's Head of Media when he was Prime Minister.
David Hanson MP has known Alistair for quite a few years. I think the deal was the following.
I'll do the fund raiser but you have to get me to to Blackburn the following afternoon to watch the football. Alistair has been a life long supporter of Blackburn and has been known to go to great length and expense to get back for the Saturday game. In the event due to I think FA commitments the game was postponed.

Link Blackburn Rovers



The Chester Chronicle Editor Kevin Hughes getting his copy of Alistair's The Blair Years signed.


Eluned Morgan MEP the special guest speaker at
Alistair's fund raiser for Delyn Labour Party.
Eluned shares with the room her vision about Wales in Europe.

My interest in attending this function was that I have recently read the unauthorised biography of Alistair Campbell by Peter Oborne. I have never been in the company of people who have been at the centre of power. His talk was highly informative. He comes over a lot better than parts of the biography. Highly intelligent a very good humourous speaker. A very good night we had a table with eight other very friendly people. David Hanson MP very friendly made us feel very welcome.
Sandy Mewies AM did the closing remarks, very well spoken.
No I am not a member of the Labour or Conservative Party. I just want to live in a village not a race track.
Attendees included, David Jones Principle of Deeside College, Ken Skates, Cllr Carol Gardner, Cllr Alex Aldridge, Cllr Ann Minshull.

Pictures aren't marvellous as I haven't mastered zoom lens and the correct camera settings. Alistair waving his arms around whilst camera on zoom with 2 glasses of red wine in me produced lots of poor shots. Never mind one learns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds