Cookie Policy

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

An email to County Councillor David Williams

An email to my moribund county councillor

Dear David,

It is a nice morning but cold.
I have the day off today, things get a little busy next month
On the DIY front I'm putting in triple glazing against the traffic noise.
I am also doing work on accoustic defences
50 mph traffic through the village is loud.
They are all blasting through the village centre at present in the morning rat run.
Are we the most dangerous and noisy village in Flintshire?

You seem to have no idea about village environment and safety of villagers
I seem to remember somewhere you stating that you would fight for Penyffordd all the way
Not much fight from where I sit.
2000 speeding vehicles through the village every day and you are not bothered one iota.
You have now known about it for over a year.

I have all your email excuses lined up.
I go away when the speeding stops, in the next six months or six years.
My hedge will be full of protest signs taking the micky.
You seem to be taking more notice of your mates down The Red Lion
They can't see what the fuss is about speeding on a route to school.

The flashy signs might help a little.
They will not affect the morning rat run what so ever.
They will not even see them.
I see Flintshire County Council continue with their plans to fill Penyffordd with
a million or two more vehicles in the next 5 years.

The Council think Penyffordd such a soft touch, I think so too
Tony Sharps is a good councillor he has stopped his village traffic dead with traffic calming.
He waves his arms around on the front of The Evening Leader and Dave Faulkner is around in a jiffy.
Some fine tuning required in Northop Hall Dave, says Tony.
I'll fix it says Dave.

You contact Dave Faulkner and he sends you a letter.
Not a site meeting scheduled just a letter.
The easy push off.

You said you would give me a copy of the letter
That was 80 days ago.
I think your wife passes my house every day, she speeds too.

I've had a look at rules for county councillors but there doesn't seem
to be one about incompetence or negligence.
I have currently two FOIE's and an official complaint against The Arrive Alive Partnership.
An FOIE is a Freedom of Information Enquiry.
I have five FOIE's and an official complaint against FCC. Their time limits are up in the next fortnight
I intend to go on to the Local Government Omsbudsman if they ignore me.

Pity I can't complain about you.
The young Penyffordd footballers won't be able to play football if they get run over David.
You should tell that to your mates down the Red.

regards Colin Hughes
Chester Rd Penyffordd

ps North Wales Police have given up (Neighbourhood Forum), you should be pressing them
I've seen your list for Novemember ASBO's I got it off Nigel.
I see 2000 speeding cars a day aren't on it.
I thought speeding cars in a village was anti social behaviour, I suppose it is unless its your mates down the Red or at Airbus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds