Cookie Policy

Sunday, February 10, 2008

An Official Complaint against The Arrive Alive Partnership

cc The Chief Constable Richard Brunstrom.
Dear Arrive Alive,
Last Friday I attended Penyffordd's Neighbourhood Forum. During the meeting which was attended by three Penyffordd Community Councillors, PC Chris Pullen repeated to the meeting that the average speed for Chester Rd is 32 mph.
This information given to Chris by Arrive Alive Flintshire.
This "canard" of 32 mph average I feel makes me look like I have some compulsive disorder or that I am losing some marbles.
The facts are somewhere near the following.
1. Airbus and Raytheon speed passed my house at 60 mph at shift start. Th elimit is 30 mph.
2. The morning rat run has 100's of vehicles that break the speed limit.
I am on the major route to the junior school.
3. Airbus and Raytheon use Chester Rd as a race track at lunch time
4. Teatime Rat run has many offenders
5. Night Shift and Afternoon shift end sees many passed my house again at 60 mph
6. There is not 5 minutes through out the day when someone is not blasting passed the house.
The Partnership hides data that is of importance to communities.
The Partnership method of showing data has little to do with the reality.
The Partnership should have a transparent policy towards data.
The current refusal to hand over numbers of cars and their speeds has only one end
That is to hide the ineffectiveness of the Arrive Alive Partnership.
Colin Hughes
Penyffordd District
ps North Wales Police have given up on speeding in Chester Rd (forum meeting), I haven't and I will not give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds