Cookie Policy

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Traffic Calming Progress Report No 2

Another on the evening rat run 4 to 6 pm.
The Clerk to The Council Nigel Jones stood with PC Chris Pullen for about 30 minutes. Thank you Nigel.
I joined Chris from about 4.30pm to 5.50pm. Chris wrote out a few warnings and booked a local male for doing 41 mph. The male denied he was doing 41 mph. Shortly after whilst advising a grandma with regards her speed a car pulled up. A male quite agitated telling Chris he should be catching criminals and not stopping speeders. Chris asked him to wait whilst he dealt with the lady.
There then followed a conversation which lasted about 15 minutes. At times Chris appeared to be advising the male as to his conduct.
I am very impressed with how Chris dealt with this situation. I did not like the look of the complainant one bit. I though he might be related to the male he booked earlier.

More sessions next week with Community Beat Managers from other communities coming along for training.
There was a marked decline in speeding during the session. I need to re-calibrate my estimation of speeding by the eye. I am over +5 mph out! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds