Cookie Policy

Friday, November 16, 2007

A Rural village Trashed?

Today (no its isn't, I'll put it down to SAD) is the first in a series of ten sessions by PC Chris Pullen with his speed gun.
Ten sessions will not crack this nut but it is a start.

My County Councillors are not keen. Cllr Colin Bithell still thinks I am telling fibs about 2000 speeders a day. As I live upstairs a quick glance out of the at any minute of the day between 5.30 am and 11.00pm tells me I am not far off the mark.
Only Cllr Cindy Hinds and Cllr Linda Vidamour share my concerns.

The only shining light in all this is Police Inspector Alun Oldfield of North Wales Police.
When he looks at the data produced by Flintshire Highways it will all become apparent.
I think he has already seen May 07 speed data, a bit of an embarrassment for some.

Are Flintshire County Council the worst county in Wales? From where I'm sitting they seem so.
A visit to a Wrexham village like Rossett confirms my view of Flintshire.
A previously badly managed County Council still living with a hangover. Flintshire County Council currently have their cap in hand begging for more money from the Welsh Assembly for upgrades to housing which they can't afford to modernise to WAG's standards.

Village environment seems not to be on the table.

A recent survey mentioned in The Evening Leader that Flintshire is a good place to live.
Is that compared to living next to a motorway?

Then we have three upcoming Broughton developments to add an extra couple of million a year through Chester Road, Penyffordd. Not one bleep from my county councillors over this. Perhaps they are waiting for the right moment.

Flintshire County Council thinks Penyffordd a soft touch, I think they are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds