Cookie Policy

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Penyffordd meanders into the new year


One of these in the garden this afternoon. I've lived here nearly 30 years and never seen one in the garden. I released one from a trap last year which is apparently against the law. You have to watch what your doing as they bite.
Traps should be made illegal they're barbaric.

I'm familiar with their lifestyles. Lots of other wild life such as robins and blackbirds are nasty when you get down to how they live.

If you want a little free entertainment buy a rubber robin and nail it to the top of a post in the garden with a view from the house. Then watch what happens when the local robin sees it. He'll knock five buckets of guano out of it.

On the allotment front it's tidy up time. Strawberry runners to be potted up.
I have a large box of vegetable seeds that are a few years old. I have a friend who planted out seeds that were ten years old. Many  were successful.

I have ten old varieties of lettuce, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds