Cookie Policy

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Penyffordd Council Meeting

Last night I went to Penyffordd Community Council monthly meeting as there was an open forum where residents can have their say. I had my say. I am unhappy with levels of communication between councillors and the public. I want all councillor's email addresses. Most of them hide them from me. Apparently its not against the law to do so.
My argument being that if I know what is happening I cannot then fire missives off to all and sundry. If I know a solution is being sought ( speeding traffic) I have hope. 

If I had not gone last night I would not have read the monthly minutes for March 2010. At that meeting CBM Howie Williams stated that data recorded for June 2008 showed speeding levels at 5 %.

Real levels taken from data supplied by FCC. Speed levels over 30 mph equal 34% on approximate faily traffic levels of 2700 which equals 918 each day.
Highest speeds 60 mph +.
* If Penyffordd Councillors were really interested in this data they would ask for a copy.
(Cllr Linda Vidamour excepted who has asked for a copy)

Postscript: CBM Howie Williams was using information supplied by Arrive Alive. The information if we are charitible was mistakenly collated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds