Cookie Policy

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Google Blogs and Google Adverts

CBM Howie Williams and previously Cllr David Williams have chastised me for adverts that appear alongside blog entries such as  solicitors who advertise to get you off a speeding conviction.
Comment section here

Up until a week or two ago I had no control whatsoever with regards ad content. I put a keyword word in the blog this then triggers an advert.

I have previously signed for Google Adsense. I get paid a sum every time someone clicks on an advert on my blog. Sometimes a penny, sometimes more. I am not fully up to speed with the Google ads system but it goes something like this.
1. A company or agency such as North Wales Police buy words from Google. Recently NWP did this with regards the "Balance your Bobby" initiative. My blog contained words that NWP had bought (temporarily) so NWP and other police forces adverts appeared on the side of my blog.

Recently Google have brought out a new function which allows bloggers to block certain adverts such as lawyers trying to get speeders off the hook. When I work out how the function works I will apply it to the blog.

Wanting to live on a village road not a rat run or race track.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds