Cookie Policy

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Penyffordd District - Happy Xmas 2008

Special thanks to The Evening Leader for allowing my letters to see the light of day on their letters page. Thank you to Cllr Cindy Hinds for your efforts to reduce speeding. Cllr David Williams? Not sure what David has done.( I keep missing his sheets he hands out to councillors) Penyffordd Community Council continue to be dragged along their current efforts seem to be directed ( led by Cllr Colin Bithell) on ways to prosecute me rather than help address the 1000+ and its a big plus speeding cars through Chester Rd, Penyffordd everyday. Thank you to Carl Sargeant AM who must have had 200+ emails from me in 2008. One hopes the continuing carnage ( Flint Mountain) will spur the WAG to make County Council's look at speeding through communities.

Flintshire County Council
We seem to have a system where Charles Hughes only stirs from his desk if we have 3 fatalities in an area. Community safety should change from reactive to proactive, communities are crying out for speed reductions. Flintshire Highways seem to have this huge mental block on reducing speed limits. An allergic reaction to traffic calming unless your name is Cllr Tony Sharps. Vehicle high speed continue to be put before community safety. Charles Hughes has ducked and dived all year to stop the release of speed data for Chester Rd, Penyffordd breaking FOIE Law.

Arrive Alive continue to perform well below that required by North Wales communities. They hide their data with meaningless statistics. Our Cllr Colin Bithell still can't get his head around how Hugh Jones' magic box works. Arrive Alive have evaded FOIE requests with lies such as you will not be able to read the data and it would take too long to collate asked for data.

North Wales Police. The above agencies are supposed to work in conjunction with NWP to stamp out Anti Social Behaviour such as speeding. Instead we have Inspector Alun Oldfield hiding behind the data the above agencies will not supply. FCC, Arrive Alive and NWP are acting in exact reverse to what their corporate statements spout. As mentioned there are well over a 1000 vehicles that continue to speed through Penyffordd each day. We have Inpector Oldfield denying Chester Rd is a cause for concern despite the fact I have written evidence to the contrary.

North Wales Police continue to collude with FCC to deny HGV banning even though we have a bypass.

North Wales Police website says there are currently no issues in our area at all. I'm sure Penyffordd councillors may take issue with that. Still more deception with reality

North Wales Police Crime statistics. Are they to be believed? I have my doubts. Three weeks ago I had my vehicle damaged for the second time in a week. Its targeted because I protest at speeding in my village. I have emailed our CBM twice to remind him I want a crime number. I am not holding my breath, neither do I place much credence in Police data.

Neighbourhood Forums need altering root and branch. I had speeding taken off the list of concerns because they will not address it and it makes their figures look bad.

NWP continue to be unaccountable to communities.

I live in a village with a bypass, I take pride on where I live, the village is currently a race track.
Chief Constable Richard Brunstrom delivers speeches on community pride. It would be good to see his force backing communities instead of ignoring them.

Colin Hughes
Penyffordd District

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds