For many years gamekeeper to Sir William Gladstone on his Hawarden estate. For years I tried to avoid Ellis on the Hawarden estate. This was in the restricted areas.
In June he was in the bed opposite me in the Evington ward at the Maelor. As one of the walking wounded I used to go and talk to him. Ellis in fact beat me to the door being discharged two days before myself.
Ellis had a keen interest in cockerels which he used to breed. One visitor to the ward came with the express purpose of persuading Ellis to sell him two cockerels.
A gentleman who will be sorely missed.
keywords: Peter Davies
- ► 2017 (126)
- ► 2016 (229)
- ► 2015 (353)
- Housing Survey introduced by Cllr David Williams a...
- Penyffordd Bonfire Night 2014
- The Millstone
- Parking at the Maelor
- Ellis the gamekeeper has passed away yesterday
- St John the Baptist V.A. School in Penymynydd furt...
- Penyffordd girl lops off locks for sick children
- So! Is Bin Day back to Normal?
- St John the Baptist VA School in Penymynydd
- You might be seeing flashing lights
- Plas Teg
- To Llangollen
- More Images of North Wales
- Recent Property Sales
- Penyffordd Entertainment
- ▼ October (15)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (467)
- ► 2011 (555)
- ► 2010 (763)
- ► 2009 (544)
- ► 2008 (534)