Cookie Policy

Friday, February 11, 2011

Rant at Councillors



Last night I went out for a drink. It's best to stay away from emails after a drink but I didn't. So I launched into a " if you were proper cllrs " against Cllrs Cindy Hinds, David Williams, Linda Vidamour. I'd have included the other councillors but they hide their email addresses from me. Yes that's right elected representatives hiding email addresses.

I expected better from Linda as council chairman this year but she has gone along with the non action by North Wales Police and Gosafe removing Chester Rd from their road for concerns database.

It's 4 years now and traffic still hammers through the village every morning. We have had Howie finally out with his speed gun. He was there at 2.30 in the afternoon possibly the quietest time of the day for speeding traffic.

I am told by Cindy that she and David have approached highways there is no excuse however for not having our CBM out and about during the rat run.

There may be two, three hundred cars that speed past each morning. Our road was measured in December for traffic speeds FCC who have a Gosafe Safety Officer say they have not got the data, just more stonewalling. There are three sets of speed data for Chester Rd that I know of. May 2007, June 2008 and December 2010.

You would think any councillor with any idea would be demanding this data. Well you can think again they are like a row of ostriches with their heads in the sand. I am of the opinion that there are still over a 1000 vehicles who speed each day through the village from a high of 2000 in 2007. I have a new FOIE with Gosafe in place which they are currently ignoring and I will be going all the way to the Information Commissioner's office to force their hand over it. They are just an unaccountable Quango. Carl Sargeant AM knows the score but just sits on his hands.

I can only assume that votes take priority over village environment and safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds