Cookie Policy

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Realities and Statistics

Earlier this week I went to Shire Hall at the invitation of Council Leader Arnold Woolley. I have had an occasional email exchange with Arnold after I went "Nuclear" over my FOIE for traffic data for Chester Rd chucked in the bin for the 5th time. I emailed every county councillor and county council boss whose email's I had stored up to say they were breaking FOIE law.

Thursday's meeting was frustrating for me. For one thing Arnold plays Devil's Advocate asking searching questions to both sides. On the other side you get an FCC officer quoting daily average speeds of 28mph for Chester Rd. Saying that Chester Rd is no different to many other roads in Flintshire. Lisa was very good, I feel she will make a good councillor. Lisa asked very pertinent to the point questions.

One of the statistics is that Chester Rd has over 800 vehicles each day that are doing more than 30 mph. For me increasing speed as vehicles put their foot down starting at the Post Office towards the limit is one of the main issues. It cuts like a knife, so I stay away from the road.

The statistics and the actuality in my opinion differ greatly.

Some Penyffordd councillors have some sympathies towards the predicament of myself and others in Chester Rd. Others take the attitude that we should just go away.

There is perhaps some light at the end of the tunnel. There is possibility of extending the 30 mph. As we have a bypass I can't see why we can't be allowed to follow the model of Rossett village centre. Compulsory 20mph with road bumps. That however is another matter.

This does not I think go along with Derek Kirby's plan for Chester Rd. Derek is Head of Strategy for Flintshire roads. There are I think maybe one or two councillors in Penyffordd who are aware of what I perceive to be Derek's plans. That Chester Rd should remain an unofficial trunk road. Traffic leaving the new A55 Warren Bank exit will be heading straight through the middle of the village instead of using the bypass.

Now that I have FCC woken up on FOIE's perhaps a few more need to be made.

Lots vehicle from North of Chester to John O'Groats in Scotland who wishes to visit or return from Mid Wales will be looking to use Chester Rd/Corwen Rd as a short cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds