Cookie Policy

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

An email from Cllr David Williams

Hello Colin – and the unfortunate recipients of his junk mail. I was just having a New Year clear out when I came across his Christmas message. On this occasion I am glad I had a look, and would like to thank Colin for finally coming out of the closet and making the veiled admission that all this stuff he bombards us with is part of his broader political work as a Labour activist.

He is clearly well assisted by certain individuals, and sadly (and hopefully unintentionally!) more recently by the Leader. This has been obvious for a long time now, but the typical slant on who he compliments and who he criticises shows a clear bias displaying exactly what he is about. He thanks Cindy, Carl and the Leader, then goes on to question what I have done and as normal, attacks everybody else not linked with the Labour Party. He also claims to have missed my sheets from the meetings, (all five of them!) and knows very well that they are with the minutes in the Post Office for anybody to view, but prefers to make demands of personal digital copies and make his usual threats of ‘Code of Conduct’.

Of his gratitude to those mentioned, I must agree, these are very committed and hard working people who I have the utmost respect for. I am not too sure what they have achieved on the speeding front, but would never question the effort they put in. As for him not knowing what I have done, he knows full well that it was my efforts that gained the count down sign, the flashing signs and the rumble strips. Still not enough, but more than anybody else has achieved.

As for my other contributions, if Lisa had reported back to him from meetings accurately, he would also know about my efforts for Dobshill in getting Dave Faulkner to visit the area and accept the problem to start doing something about it, the proposed improvements for crossing outside Hope Green nursery, moves to improve road safety outside Stepping Stones nursery and my push for village 'access only' signs. There is also the proposed improvements for the Millstone junction, the improved and safer pavement at Watts road, the speeding survey that has now gained Corwen/Rhos road more recognition with action in hand, (incidentally, the same survey that Colin received, put on his blog, then three days later e-mailed me demanding a copy and threatening me with code of conduct!). Colin knows all this but his politics clearly comes first.

Unfortunately the Leader has assisted him recently by printing his nonsense letters, including the one over governors which I was obliged to put readers right over. The Leader printed my response, so Colin responds again by thanking me, and then continues with a barrage of inaccurate abuse of the Independents and personal attacks on respected individuals. I attempt to put the record straight again but the Leader decides not to print my response and the truth!

As I have stated, I have no ambitions in politics or as a councillor, and not too sure how long I will be able to keep up the pace of teaching and Council work. I was elected because people know how committed I am to improving my village, and if I find that I am not serving my community to the standards I set myself, I will step aside. As anybody who has approached me for help will testify, when a request has been made of me I have responded by return gaining many successes. Colin no doubt, will throw the fact that he did not get Dave Faulkners letter for several weeks after I received it, and choose to ignore the fact that I informed him of the content straight away. He prefers to neglect the fact that I did not pass on a copy immediately as it arrived two days after my fathers’ stroke and I forgot to drop it off for him!

Colins final statement of having pride on where he lives is laughable. It is obvious how little pride he has in his village where he has done nothing to help our community or environment in the thirty years he has lived here. His constant ridiculing of myself and others not associate with the Labour movement really does show what his real aims are, and has nothing to do with speeding or helping our village!

Have a very Happy New Year, especially the committed and respectable members of all political persuasion who genuinely try to make a difference, who I have the utmost respect for.

David Williams.


No comment needed David. ( Labour Red me ?) Happy New Year to you and your relatives, Dad seems to have recovered well. Hope you keep 1000+ vehicles a day speeding through the village at the top of your priorities.


ps. I note with interest that North Wales Police crime map says that Penyffordd has no problems. I hope you will inform Inspector Alun Oldfield that this is not the case.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds