Today at 1.00pm FCC Planning Committee will hear the arguments fore and against the building of 192 houses mainly executive on open farm land.
You are very welcome to attend. Residents will be outside the front of Shire Hall at 12.45am
The Redrow representative will put their arguments forward.
Our County representatives Cllrs David Williams and Cindy Hinds will put their arguments forward against the application.
Also a representative of the Penyffordd Group will speak against the application.
Penyffordd have 5, 5 and 3 minutes respectively to speak.
FCC Planning have advised refusal.
If the FCC Planning Committee refuse planning this makes for a very strong case.
Redrow will have the opportunity to petition the Welsh Assembly Government if the decision today goes against them. If Planning officers and Planning Committee advise against this puts us in a good position. In recent times there have only been two instances where planning has been approved by WAG against the wishes of the two groups mentioned above.
1. The application goes against WAG law and guidelines.
2. A new school is to be built that will NOT cater for the expected extra 400 children that this application will produce. This means school children will have to find their way to other schools in Buckley, Hawarden and Mold.
3. Current village amenities are not sufficient for current residents.
4. Penyffordd's allocation of new build will be double that of FCC guidelines.
5. These houses are not of the type that the community wants as stated in the recent village survey.
- ► 2018 (70)
- Accident at Millstone Playing Fields
- Penyffordd Wine Society
- Friday Night
- A Sign of the Times - Apathy in Local Democracy
- BT Internet Services for Penyffordd district
- Hawarden Rd Proposed Development Deadline 21st Apr...
- Penyffordd Crime News
- More 192
- Penyffordd 192 Protest
- Flintshire County Council Planning Committee Video...
- Decision Day for The 192
- Penyffordd Sky at Night
- No Elections for Penyffordd on May 4th
- ▼ April (13)
- ► 2016 (229)
- ► 2015 (353)
- ► 2014 (250)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (467)
- ► 2011 (555)
- ► 2010 (763)
- ► 2009 (544)
- ► 2008 (534)