Cookie Policy

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My self indulgent blog.

My Councillor David Williams thinks I am not up to any criticism so I publish in full his email and my reply. The blog is open to anyone, the content has to be more than just calling me mad and being an idiot though. Since I am god of my blog I reserve the right to not publish that deemed puerile. Colin at tresmegistes@gmail.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Colin,

Thank you for your recent e.mails, unconstructive and damaging with the sly personal comment as usual! I did not intend responding to you again, but with elections on the horizon I felt I should put you in the picture over my current position on the possibility of me standing again, and the feedback I am getting from within the village.


You seem to be getting quite a reputation now, not only down at the Red, but in the Millstone, the Post office, the chip shop the Spar and around the streets that I walk! Unfortunately you have already done immeasurable damage to the campaign against speeding in the village with your wild and inaccurate claims, and now you are getting a reputation for being a child photographer. It seems that everybody is wrong apart from Colin/Lisa!

It has got to the stage now where I am having serious reservations about the sincerity of your campaign. From what people are saying it seems to be more a case of a sad little man with nothing better to do who is trying to make a name for himself with no real concern for others. You are certainly succeeding in getting a name for yourself, mainly for the wrong reasons, and as a consequence, losing support for addressing the speeding problem.


I will be making a final decision on whether or not to stand by the end of the week. Whatever I decide though will be based on my conscience as to whether or not I can do the job justice, and the pressure those who I have been able to help during my short time as a Councillor put me under. It will certainly not be affected by your pathetic digs at me!

Undoubtedly as far as you are concerned I should call it a day, and if that is what I decide to do, I would willingly nominate you to stand. I am sure you could do a better job than me with your immense knowledge of the village, council procedures and the people you mix with in your front room, on your computer and on the golf course. All very valuable contacts to help improve the quality of life in our village! Then again, as you have stated, you would not have the bottle for it, you would rather sit back and criticise those who have the guts to give it a go!


As you are being criticised again, something you are clearly sensitive to, I do not expect this to appear on your self indulgent blog, so I do not intend communicating with you again unless there is anything of real importance and relevance. A shame it has come to this, but you are too much of a liability to be relied upon for making any real difference to the problems we have in our community; speeding or otherwise!

Regards,

David Williams.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My reply


Dear David
Tx for the email
Hope you have had a good Easter break.
My comments are spurred by 14 months of little progress.
I always knew it would be uphill. Councils take your money and behave in a intransigent manner.
It is a sad fact that 2000 (maybe 2200 with inflation lol ) cars speed passed my every day which you , Cllr Colin Bithell, most of Penyffordd Community Council, Arrive Alive, North Wales Police and Flintshire County Council will not admit to. ( I think we can add Cllr Tom Jones to the mix)

We are a rural village with a by-pass, no lolly pop lady, no "route to school policy" a daily high speed rat run of 500 + vehicles each morning. HGV's trashing the village all day.
We are pretty big for HGV training with such firms as Emerald and Gatewen.

Rossett village centre which I travelled through today remains the gold standard on vehicle environmental control.
(Please note Flintshire Highways)
I await my FOIE on traffic speeds from either FCC, Arrive Alive or NWP
The daily trashing of our village my main concern.
The Pedo slur won't stick lol.
The children of this village my concern which you fail repeatedly to address.
Penyffordd remaining a soft touch on environment and health care.
The legendary Clr Tony Sharps has his village tightly bolted down.
Dave Faulkner on call whenever.

Penyffordd village remains part of Flintshire Highways main trunk road system, a soft touch!

Not a village centre just a short cut to everywhere from Hope to John O'Groats
My reputation matters little, I have the moral high ground.
I know what I am and what I am not.
The village idiots can take a hike.

Since I am liitle known in the village I think a stand for County Cllr would be futile at this stage.
The experience however would be enjoyable and challenging.
regards Colin
ps I am writing to the Penyffordd Primary School tomorrow to advise that they are endangering the lives of the pupils by their non action.
I note that Cllr Colin Bithell and Cllr Tom Jones are governors, that just about weighs things up.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Blog Archive

Links

Feeds